Greenhouse is now working with a network of leaders throughout North America. If you are interested in raising up a congregation or becoming an intern, please contact Beth at email@example.com (630-765-5780).
Hudson, Wisconsin Needs a Greenhouse Attendant
Are you a church plant leader?
Hope Anglican Fellowship in Hudson, WI has a strong and gifted group of lay Anglicans who desire to offer those gift in fellowship together with Christ, in service to the Kingdom! Western Wisconsin’s geography is a life size model of the Greenhouse concept of a net of churches, with towns close enough to connect, yet discreet enough in profile and distance to establish many unique groups as beacons throughout the region. The leader who comes to pastor and guide this church planting work will gather and tend people across a region from Hudson to LaCrosse, and spreading to Menomonie and New Richmond and Eau Claire and beyond. The area is waiting for a catalyst, the arms and legs to animate the Church.
The harvest to be reached are people who are already engaged and obligated, raising children, working in the community or commuting, ministering in jobs that support families and the local economy, writing books, participating in community organizations of charity and art, and learning to serve with gifts developed over many many years. There is an astounding package of education and accomplishment and drive and commitment among the people here. That wealth requires a leader and a hub. It waits for release to the work of the Lord. This church doesn’t require a building and programs. It does require Prayer Books and regular ministration and explicit Godly order. It requires vision and tending, sacrament and teaching, prayer and watchfulness.
Here’s what this work may look like:
- Lead regular Sunday morning services are established in Hudson and can draw in parishioners and the curious from the region.
- Start house church groups or small community groups in the surrounding communities, led by lay people under guidance of the clergy leadership. In this way we reach the unchurched and those new to Anglican traditions, to be nurtured through training and pastoral visits, like the circuit riding preachers who tended this region in the past.
- Build connections with the other churches’ leadership in the Greenhouse leadership and our forming diocese, as modeled by the Greenhouse regional ministry. These connections will include Greenhouse churches across Wisconsin and Chicago, SEWAAC, and the Twin City metro area churches joining the ACNA.
- Recruit, mentor, encourage and release lay leadership for raising up the church in surrounding communities and campuses.
- Support. Hope is a very faithful, but very small group. The desire to call a rector is not supported by the resources available to such small numbers. Other models supporting church planters have necessitated the individual leader raising support from sponsoring congregations and others called to support that ministry. We are interested in a fundraising partnership where the parish engages in the development of financial support to supplement the support raised by the leader as in other models. Training for fundraising is offered in the Greenhouse. In this way, both clergy and lay leadership are deeply engaged in raising the regional church and supporting the development of constituent congregations that make up the parish.
Potential for Ministry
- Bring sacramental worship to a broader base of seekers
- Prayer ministry
- Multi generational
Contact Kim Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.